Print this page
The HOME Consortium was established in 2006 by MOU and now includes all localities. Beaufort County is the lead entity. This consortium allows direct allocation of housing funds to be managed locally. The primary activities are single family rehab and new construction (through CHDOs). There is an 8 member committee that makes recommendations to the full board related to projects, reviews and approves the annual action plans and CAPER. A 5-year consolidated plan governs the program. The annual allocation requires a 25% match provided by our four counties.
The Beaufort County/Lowcountry Regional HOME Consortium (LRHC) is comprised of the following counties: Beaufort, Colleton, Hampton, and Jasper and all 21 municipalities in the region.
The top three objectives are:
1. Rehabilitation of substandard housing
2. Increase accessibility to adequate and affordable housing
3. Support the development and availability of safe, decent, and affordable housing.Home Owners
Home Repair Funds are available to assist in repairing individual homes to eligible applicants. To be eligible, you must:
- own your home (name must be on the deed)
- have lived in your home for the past 12 months
- have a stick built home (no mobile homes)
- income qualify
- have home owners' insurance
- be current on any mortgage payments
- have not received housing rehab assistance from another program in the past 5 years
Banner Photo: Colleton County Courthouse by Kimberly Mullinax