The Lowcountry Area Agency on Aging administers the following programs:
Family Caregiver Support Program
- The Family Caregiver Advocate provides support, information, education, and services to family caregivers to make this a rewarding experience.
Home and Community Based Services
- The Service Coordination program consists of assessment team members that go into the community to conduct assessments to determine state funding eligibility for AAA programs. These services are contracted out to local providers.
- The Consumer Choice Home Care Program offers homemaker and minimal personal care services to homebound seniors by contracting with local providers.
- The Nutrition Program offers Nutrition Education as well as a USDA approved noon time meal to individuals both homebound and those that attend locally contracted Senior Centers and Nutrition sites.
Information & Referral/ Assistance Services
- Information, Referral and Assistance Program provides services as an access point for those seeking help. Advocacy is provided for those who need help navigating the system to gain access to entitlement programs.
- Insurance Counseling Assistance and Referral for Elders (I-CARE) is a federally funded insurance counseling program working under the guidance of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). ICARE assists all persons to understand what insurances they have and how to use the insurance in the most cost effective way, as well to help prevent individuals from becoming victims of Insurance fraud and scam.
- The Legal Assistance program assists individuals aged 60 and older to obtain legal services with a lawyer who can assist with their legal issues, at no cost to the senior.
Long-Term Care Residence Advocacy
- The Long-Term Care Ombudsman is an Advocate for residents of Assisted Living facilities and Long-term care facilities. The Ombudsman monitors the quality of life and care of residents by investigating concerns and complaints by working closely with both the family and the facility to resolve problems.
Back to the Top