Long-Term Care Resident Advocacy
Print this page
The Long-Term Care Ombudsman is an Advocate for Assisted Living and Long-term facility residents. The Ombudsman monitors the quality of life and care of residents by investigating concerns and works closely with both the family and the facility to resolve problems.
SC Emergency Ombudsman: 800-868-9095
What does the Ombudsman do?
- Investigates and works to resolve problems or complaints affecting long term care residents.
- Identifies problems areas in long term care facilities and advocates or mediates for change.
- Provides information about long term care and related services.
- Promotes resident, family, and community involvement in long term care.
- Educates the community about the needs of long-term care residents.
- Coordinates efforts with other agencies concerned with long term care.
- Visits long term care facilities to talk to residents and monitor conditions.
- Educates residents, their families, and facility staff about residents’ rights and other issues.
Banner Photo: Penn Center II by Timothy Brown